Dear PPPC Family,
Pacific Palisades Presbyterian Church is very thankful and excited to begin preparing for opening our sanctuary for in-person worship services now that the health authorities have moved Los Angeles from the Purple Tier into the Red Tier. The church Session met on March 16 and approved the following roadmap for getting us there:
- Pali Pres will initiate our plan for in-person services once our area moves from the Red Tier (where we are at currently) down to the Orange Tier, and stays at that Orange Tier for at least 2 weeks.
- The COVID Response Team (CRT) will continue to gather all the current health information and finalize a plan for having safe in-person services, including all the safety protocols and procedures that will be necessary for such services.
- Once Session approves that plan, the CRT will work with our Sunday Morning Ministries (SMM) Committee to format an in-person service in the sanctuary and begin training volunteers to work at those services.
- Initially, we will limit attendance for our in-person services to a maximum of 10% of our sanctuary’s capacity, which is approximately 30 people. We will reevaluate those restrictions after a number of services have been held.
- Livestreaming capabilities should be up and ready (a project currently being worked on by the SMM Committee) by our first in-person worship service so that everyone will be able to participate in worship, either in-person or remotely.
- The SMM Committee, CRT, and pastoral staff will also continue working to develop an outdoor in-person service.
Thank you for your patience, support, and prayers as together we move our church through this unprecedented challenge and towards a stronger, more rewarding future.
Your COVID Response Team
Jim Palladino, Margaret Keene, Geoff Moyer, Margi St. Clair, Julie Baczewski, and Maggie Mann, along with Pastor Matt and Pastor Grace